Notices for the week beginning 9th March 2020
A great deal of general information is already circulating to minimise risk of illness.
The Scottish Episcopal Church is following guidelines issued by the Church of England relating to Sunday and other services. The following summarises this advice insomuch as it relates to The Linkage.
1. The sharing of the Peace at St Mary’s will only be shared verbally. Thereafter, any other salutation will be at the attendee’s discretion.
2. Communion. The administration of Communion will continue, but the precise form of receiving will be at the discretion of the communicant.
The options are:
- To decline communion and remain in the pew during administration.
- To receive ‘a non-contact’ priest’s blessing instead of Communion. A service book held in the hand will indicate this choice.
- To receive communion in the form of the wafer only and then depart before being offered the cup.
- To receive communion in both kinds as normal. Intinction, which is the practice of partly dipping the consecrated bread into the consecrated wine before consumption by the communicant is strongly dissuaded. The practice has been identified as a high-risk potential cause of infection.
- 3. General.
All decisions taken will be respected by Richard. Please be assured that strict hygiene continue to be observed by those preparing elements both before and after the service.
Easter Lily Fund
The Lily fund in both churches is now open
St Mary’s Business Forum
The next meeting of the St. Mary’s Business forum will take place at 7 o’clock on Tuesday 10 March. The topic will be “What is my website for?”. There will be a presentation by Simon Ward of LDMA. Simon is building Aberfoyle’s website and this will be an opportunity to ask him how it will interact with your own website. As before there will be refreshments provided, and a donation of £2 will be requested to cover costs.
St Mary’s Third Sunday at Three Concert series
The next in the series will take place at 15.00 on Sunday 15th March. Coro Vincenzo
will be performing works including Faure’s Requiem
Luna, Roger or Sandra.
Robin and John Willis
Tuesday 10th March
17.00 Fellowship Group -Croftamie
Wednesday 11th March
Sunday 15th March
The Feast of St Joseph of Nazareth
God our Father,
who from the family of your servant David
raised up Joseph the carpenter
to be the guardian of your incarnate Son
and husband of the Blessed Virgin Mary:
give us grace to follow him
in faithful obedience to your commands;
through Jesus Christ your Son our Lord,
who is alive and reigns with you,
in the unity of the Holy Spirit,
one God, now and for ever.
Services & Readings
Wednesday 18th March
Saturday 28th March
11.00 – 13.00 St Ninians Cathedral Perth
Our Digital Church
This course is with the Digital Missioner of Glasgow and Galloway Diocese with the aim of improving the skills of those who look after the online presence of their churches. A step by step guide of best practices will be followed by a question and answer session. Booking via the Diocesan Office (01738 443173) please.
Holy Week and Easter Services
A diary of these services will be published in due course.
Saturday 13th June
St Mary’s Summer Fair 12 noon to 16.00
The annual Summer Fair takes place in the Information Office, Main Street, Aberfoyle. Please suggest to anyone you think might be interested in taking a table. Further details from Susan Forsyth.
ADDENDUM BY SECRETARY TO ST MARY’S VESTRY
At the Diocesan Synod on Saturday last, our Rector was elected as a Canon, Emeritus.
I am sure that you will agree that this reflects both the respect and love due to Richard throughout the Diocese. Our congratulations.
Our campaign to assist Start Up Stirling is ongoing to allow contributions of the following items to be delivered to the tray in church on any Sunday. Thank you to all who contribute.
Tinned meat/fish/veg/beans, soup/fruit
Household goods – good quality crockery, cutlery, towels, pots and pans.
No fresh fruit nor vegetables please.