Regular Giving

How to give to St Marys Church, Aberfoyle, including Gift aid scheme (formerly Covenants), weekly envelopes and collections. Let the Church benefit from your will.

To download a Gift Aid declaration form, click here

Regular Giving to St Mary’s

The work of our Church always needs resources of money and people. A good yardstick is that at least 5% of our income should be given regularly for this.

The Vestry strongly encourage all regular worshippers to make use of the Gift Aid regulations in their regular giving to St.Mary’s, which is a registered Scottish charity. If you are a current UK tax-payer, you can do this in several ways:

1. Gift Aid donations by standing order through your bank on a monthly, quarterly or annual basis.

2. Gift Aid donations by envelopes placed in the Church collection, either under the Free Will Offering scheme or using the special envelopes in the Church pews.

3. Gift Aid donations for special purposes, e.g. for Church fabric renewal or for special fundraising events.

A substantial amount of tax is reclaimed each year by St.Mary’s on the basis of donations given under these methods. For new donors, this only requires completion of a simple one-off Gift Aid declaration form. You can download and complete the Gift Aid declaration form below, which should be sent to our Treasurer.

If you are a non UK tax-payer, you may give donations via the Church plate collections or gift boxes.

Self Assessment tax-payers may also nominate a charity to receive all or part of any tax repayment due to them from the Inland Revenue. For these purposes, St.Mary’s unique code reference is XAB19VG.

Notes on using Gift Aid:

1. For the Church to reclaim tax against your Gift Aid declaration, you must be a UK tax-payer, i.e. paying income tax at least equal to the amount which the Church can reclaim each year, currently 25p for every £ you give.

2. If you are a higher rate tax payer, you can reclaim further tax under Self Assessment.

3. Please inform the Gift Aid Secretary or Treasurer if you wish to cancel your Gift Aid declaration at any time, or to notify any change of address or tax status.

Have you thought about leaving a legacy to St. Mary’s?

Make a Will in favour of St Mary’s ?

Have you thought about leaving a legacy to St. Mary’s ?  If you need advice on this you can talk to the Treasurer (Alastair Gardner) in confidence. He would be glad to give you advice on how this can be done and on how to safeguard your wishes.


Visit Us
Follow Me
Follow by Email